[Wikipedia-l] colons

Jan Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Mon Feb 25 18:17:36 UTC 2002

From: "Magnus Manske" <Magnus.Manske at epost.de>

> The original software *did* stay within the current namespace if no other
> was explicitly given. So, "[[test]]" on the page "[[user:Magnus Manske]]"
> did link to "[[user:test]]" instead of "[[test]]". At that time, I still
> planned a "stable:" namespace for approved articles, which would
> automatically link only to other stable articles.

It's already there? So all we would have to do is take care that the
content: namespace doesn't show up in the title? (Plus change some code that
assumes that any title that contains a ":" is not content.) Can I, can I,
can I? Please? :-) As far as I can see this actually makes the code simpeler
because titles will always have the same format.

> The "blank" namespace was (and still should be) accessible through
"[[:Main
> Page]]" (note the leading colon).

Yup, works on my site.

-- Jan Hidders