[Wikipedia-l] colons

Jan Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Mon Feb 25 17:25:40 UTC 2002

From: "Vicki Rosenzweig" <vr at redbird.org>

> > > There is a simpeler solution. The actual contents of Wikipedia get the
> > > namespace "content:". If everything is prefixed with a namespace then
the
> > > first colon is always the end of the namespace.
> > >
> >That's perfect.
>
> Would this require us to explicitly put "content:" in front of every link?

Not necessarily. I would propose that a link without a namespace should
default to the namespace that it is in. That's how namespaces usually work
anyway. It means for example that if you create a link on your home page
without a namespace it becomes a page in the user: namespace. (Actually I
still believe that every user should have his or her own namespace, but that
is another issue.)

-- Jan Hidders