[Wikipedia-l] subpages

Magnus Manske Magnus.Manske at epost.de
Sat Feb 23 16:55:29 UTC 2002

That could be done, but we (I) would have to know what to convert, and into
what format.

Would that be [[Egypt/History]] => [[Egypt (History)]]? Or rather =>
[[History of Egypt]]? Same for Geography, or different? And so on.

I suggest making this a function that is available only for sysops in the
sidebar. I am certain that Larry will be most eager to deconstruct some
subpages ;)

A similar function is planned for moving/renaming pages, including subpages
(for example, to move them to the wikipedia namespace).

Should we attempt to convert all links to these pages automatically, or
should we use #REDIRECTs? The former would be more elegant, but also more
complicated, while the latter is rather simple but crude.

Magnus