[Wikipedia-l] A feature request

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 16:07:16 UTC 2002

The colour coding of the "diffs" don't serve much of a purpose.
How I'd like them to work (and IIRC, how they used to work), is for the
colours to highlight much smaller
Original text:
Gareth Owen is a short fat Welshman
Revised
Gareth Owen is a short thin Welshman
only the words "fat" and "thin" would be highlighted (making it much easier to
locate altered text in long paragraphs.)

Anyone who's used 'M-x ediff' in emacs will know what I'm talking about.
--
Gareth Owen
"Wikipedia does rock.  By the count on the "brilliant prose" page, there