[Wikipedia-l] Subsections

Jan Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Wed Feb 13 11:29:59 UTC 2002

From: "Larry Sanger" <lsanger at nupedia.com>

> I just formulated an interesting hypothesis, which might explain why some
> people are attracted to ideas like subpages and subsections, despite the
> many clear disadvantages of them.  Sorry, this is going to be a bit of a
> ramble. [...]

Hm, I believe you have actually convinced me. Can I summarize you as
follows:
we don't want people to build their own little hierarchies in this
encyclopedia and
have some links between them, but we want an interlinked web of relatively
self-contained small articles that give a sketch of the context necessary to
understand them and link to other articles that describe the context in a
general
way or parts of the context in more detail.

Correct?

-- Jan Hidders