[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] HTML munging code rewritten

Jan Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Tue Feb 12 19:35:16 UTC 2002

From: "Larry Sanger" <lsanger at nupedia.com>

> The notion of "section headers" sounds like one that should be discussed
> on wikipedia-l before considering implementing it in software, I think.

It certainly is. It's a feature that is also seen at some other Wiki's,
e.g., MoinMoin, and usually in the form of of a macro such as
{{{table_of_contents}}} such that it adapts itself automatically when new
headers are inserted. I agree with Lars that it could help in promoting
bigger articles with subsections that replace subpages.

-- Jan Hidders