[Wikipedia-l] Page titles to be deleted

Magnus Manske Magnus.Manske at epost.de
Mon Feb 11 15:57:49 UTC 2002

I thought about having an easy way of expressing "this page is obsolete and
should be deleted". Currently, we have "page titles to be deleted", but it
takes time and effort to go there and edit.

The obvious solution:
* For logged-in users (troll prevention!), have a link in the sidebar "Mark
this page for deletion" (a shorter title might fit better, but I can't think
of any; maybe a shredder logo?;)
* This adds the current page to "log:Pages to be deleted" (or
"wikipedia:Pages to be deleted")
** Alternatively, we mark the article in the database, so the page is "PTBD"
page is generated on-the-fly, ensuring it doesn't list pages that already
*have* been deleted
* Additionally, these pages are sorted by votes (descending, the "most
hated" on top;)
* Optionally, list the users that voted for deletion of that page

Then, a sysop (=Larry) comes along, checks out the list and cleans up behind
us thoughtless page-creators by permanently deleting the pages he deems
obsolete.

Before I implement any of that, any ideas, comments, flames? ;)

Magnus