[Wikipedia-l] Most Wanted Refresh

Chuck Smith msochuck at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 23:56:37 UTC 2002

Hey Programmers,

How about running a cron job every 30 minutes or so
that refreshes the Most Wanted page instead of having
a Refresh link (and tell users the page updates every
30 minutes)?  I have this feeling that some unkind
person will find that and run a script to load that
page every minute or so to really slow down the
server...  I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't already
happening!

I had A LOT of trouble connecting today and I'm
thinking it would be best to follow our general rule
to do whatever would best benefit Wikipedia.  I mean
Most Wanted is great, but not if it keeps people from
editing and writing articles...  I know I would've
written a rather lengthy article today, but it was
down (of course I could've done it offline, but
hey...)

Chuck

=====
Venu al la senpaga, libera enciklopedio
esperanta reta! http://eo.wikipedia.com/
====
Junuloj!  Filadelfio, Usono 15an-17an de Februaro
http://unumondo.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Filadelfia_JES