FW: [Wikipedia-l] Copyrights

Mark Christensen mchristensen at HTEC.com
Thu Feb 7 00:10:20 UTC 2002

I agree, the issue of concensus is clearly of secondary importance
to understanding what acutally is the case, regardless of what anybody
thought in the past.

In the mean time, let me answer Larry's question briefly.

I don't think anybody could sucessfully sue, because we have a strong
argument that the wikipedians page fulfills the FDL authorship
requirement.  But it would be the copyright holders (those who wrote
content) who would have the legal standing to sue if there were in fact
an actuall violation.

Because the text is licenced under the FDL, which the copyright holder
has agreed to, he or she would have no standing to sue unless someone
broke that contract.

Yours
Mark