[Wikipedia-l] Re: yet another modest proposal to address

Uri Yanover uriyan_subscribe at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 12:01:08 UTC 2002

What I meant is that the _author_ is the one who controls
the way links are transformed, not wiki software. That
way noone is going to come up saying "Wikipedia made
a link for me that I didn't intend to". With aliases,
the author could either use the aliased link or
make an escape of his own, and it's all under his control.

True, this requires a bit of thinking on behalf of the
author, but it also makes up for the defficiency in
ordering that was created by the elimination of
subpages.

Note finally, that if we don't do subpages, we go
all the way, link transformations included.

        Uri Yanover