[Wikipedia-l] Re: yet another modest proposal to address

Uri Yanover uriyan_subscribe at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 11:33:53 UTC 2002

I must agree with that. We shouldn't add non-intuitive
features to Wikipedia mark-up. In particular, I don't
see any substancial difference between
[[Elrond (Middle Earth)]] and [[Middle Earth/Elrond]]
(The former looks more aesthetical to me, though), and
if Wikipedia software itself does not recognize subpages,
we shouldn't add subpage-like features.

Unlike most others encyclopedias, Wikipedia is about
ease of editing too, and editing is made harder by the
abiguity in the convert-links-once solution. What I like
in the idea of aliases is the total control of the author
over what he links to. This won't be possible if Wiki
software is the thing that decides about the conversion.

            Uri Yanover

P.S. My appologies if this message reaches the list
twice, my mailer drives me crazy :-(