[Wikipedia-l] More mailing lists

Giskart giskart at wikipedia.be
Thu Dec 12 00:03:41 UTC 2002

Björn Lindqvist heeft geschreven:
> Hello. Im a long time reader first time writer. I think this list is
> kinda boring and has way to high volume. Im not interested in moderator
> nomiations and meta discussions about flaming and who is a flamer. Im
> arrogant sorry. :-) So my suggestion is why not creature more mailing
> lists? I for one would love a list about important happenings in the
> wikipedia project and separate lists for differenct subjects it would be
> really cool.
>
> //Björn

[posted to wikipedia-l and wikiEN-l]

No, there to many lists now. I have done a proposal to use the list
Announce-l as a moderated low traffic list only for announcing important
things. Because of lack of interest it has not become anything.

The English Wikipedia has now its very own list but a lot of people are
still use Wikipedia-l like it where the English list.

Some people call now Wikipedia-l the "international list" but is not.
Read the postings on Intlwiki-l and compare them whit those on
Wikipedia-l and i must be clear that Intlwiki-l is the international list.

It should be clear;
Intlwiki-l the international list
Wikitech-l the the technical list
Announce-l still born

WikiXX-l the language wikipedia lists

Wikipedia-l not clear -- mostly used as a copy of wikiEN-l

I propose to close Wikipedia-l (no posting allowed)
The flame wars can be done at WikiEN-l

Greetings,
Giskart