[Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Dec 11 17:45:21 UTC 2002

I agree with Larry's proposal for a moderated Wikipedia mailing list.

Two issues arise therefrom:

* which lists should be moderated?
-- wikiEN-l
-- wikipedia-l
-- both

* who should moderate?

I will support any of following as moderators for either of the the above lists:
* Larry Sanger
* Daniel (mav)
* Jimbo

Larry would be the best, although he also participates. But I trust him not to abuse his role. I only worry that he'd be too soft-hearted on the eedjits and let them rant on too long.

Daniel could also do an equally good job, although I doubt he has the time what with school and all. I bet he'd be quicker to pounce on eedjicy.

Jimbo simply doesn't have the time, so I don't think he'd agree to do this.

And of course while I feel compelled to abstain from self-nomination, I'm willing to take a crack at it: I think I'd make an excellent moderator :-)

Ed Poor