[Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Dec 11 17:45:20 UTC 2002

I'm not entirely opposed to moderation. Julie's personal attack against me
would not have made it to the list with proper moderation in place, and the
same goes for Larry's flames against TheCunctator et al. However, as someone
who currently moderates a mailing list with 170 members, I can say that it's
quite a lot of work to do so, and it's also often hard to make fair decisions.
I would oppose a moderation system where the entire duty of moderation rests
on one person, but if there's a system we can use where moderation decisions
are reviewed by several persons, that would sound reasonable.

Regards,

Erik