[Wikipedia-l] Ed Poor IP unblocked Helga's IP -- was: Helga banned

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Dec 3 18:05:01 UTC 2002

Vicki wrote:

> Having gone back and read that email, I note that this unblocking was
> in violation of stated policy and decisions--Jimbo had banned Helga
> for three months. It may be that your reference to a two-month ban
> that "should have expired" is part of why nobody noticed that you
> had, in fact, changed the rules unilaterally.

Vicki,

You are right, and I'm sorry that I jumped the gun. I have also apologized privately to Jimbo.

Based on discussion on the wikitech-l mailing list, I think Jimbo is going to restore the ban.

Actually, any sysop can do it. Simply click on the following URL.

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Blockip&ip=164.58.161.98

You'll be taken to a confirmation page, where you can enter the reason. Then, click the "Block this address" button.

Ed Poor