[Wikipedia-l] Page deletion policy

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Aug 29 15:10:11 UTC 2002

It seems to me we are trying to impove the number and quality of our articles, merely by making a policy:

1. All articles will be brilliant prose.
2. No useless stubs!

This is futile. (It reminds me of Robert Heinlein's "Friday", in which the state of California, having noted that college graduates have significantly higher income than non-grads, officially awarded every resident of California a college degree. Needless to say, the policy did not have the desired effect.)

Our problem is not "stub policy". We just don't have enough contributors.

Ed Poor