[Wikipedia-l] ISBN links

Tom Parmenter tompar at world.std.com
Thu Aug 29 04:02:06 UTC 2002

|From: Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net>
|Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:20:50 -0600
|
|At 02:44 PM 8/28/02 -0700, Jimbo wrote:
|>Maybe we should have both.
|
|The way it is now this coding "ISBN 0000000000" gives pricescan through the
|wiki software. To create an AddAll link you have to create a special link
|that works around the Wiki coding. What I want is to at least allow how to
|create a wiki link be in the ISBN article, but at best putting AddAll into
|the wiki coding instead of pricescan.
|
|Fred

Other people should perform the comparison.  In addition to your
links, I tested both services with a fairly hard-to-find book, my big
Spanish dictionary, Clave Diccionario, and they were about the same
for new copies, but only AddAll had used copies, and at about 50%
of the new pricess they both listed, which were also way below list..

If AddAll *always* has used books and PriceScan *never* has used books,
then we should switch to AddAll as being more wiki.  If they *both* have
used books from time to time, PriceScan has a more useful interface.

I think they are both totally cool in terms of the speed and breadth
of their information.  The 21st century really has some things going.

Tom P.

|>> |
|Pricescan.com. I
|>> |