[Wikipedia-l] Why external images should not be allowed

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Aug 29 04:04:54 UTC 2002

Some moron thought that it would be 'funny' to link a really revolting
pornographic photograph into a random article, and unfortunately before
I could remove it I had to LOOK at it.

Anyway, if the image had had to be uploaded it would have been caught in
the net, but the jerkwad could just put http://etc and the picture
showed up on the page all by itself.

I know that 24.70.159.4 is probably a random passerby with a perverted
sense of humour, but it was gross and disgusting and made me physically
ill. Oh... looking at recent changes the same person has been hitting a
myriad of articles in the last fifteen minutes. I just blocked him, and
I see I was the third person to do it.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature that
will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: