[Wikipedia-l] Movie naming convention: proposed tweak for simplicity

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed Aug 28 04:11:05 UTC 2002

Maveric149 wrote:

>"Oftentimes movies share the same name as other movies, books or terms. When
>disambiguating a movie from something else use (movie) in the title when only
>one movie had that name and (YEAR) in the title when there are more than one
>movies by that name (example: [[Titanic (1997)]])."

And if there's also a miniseries called "Titanic" in 1997,
then we can use [[Titanic (1997 movie)]] again?
(There was such a miniseries, IIRC, although I'm not certain of its year;
it was unrelated to the movie, although capitalising on the movie's publicity.
OTOH, we naturally wouldn't count a novelisation of the movie,
which can be discussed on the movie's own page.)

I'm looking at how things could be complicated again;
but generally speaking, I think that you have the right idea.

-- Toby