[Wikipedia-l] Movie naming convention: proposed tweak for simplicityy

Andre Engels engels at uni-koblenz.de
Tue Aug 27 10:20:44 UTC 2002

> We could add in the detailed movie convention page that if and when there
> /is/ more than one thing with the same name that is released in the same
> year, then the format of [[{name of movie} (YEAR movie)]] can be used.

I think that that is too specific to be interesting. At the moment, IIRC,
movies are the only things that use (YEAR), and even if there were others,
the number of times when there would be (say) a book and a movie with the
same title from the same year would be too rare to have a separate rule for.
Apart from that, I think that the proposed change would be a good one.

Andre