[Wikipedia-l] Re: Helga

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 09:51:38 UTC 2002

On Monday 26 August 2002 02:30 pm, you wrote:
> I didn't realize people were so upset with Helga. I may have made a mistake
> in encouraging "H. Jonat" to stay in the first place. But she hasn't
> threatened anyone with physical violence, and she is answering Jimbo's
> e-mails. I say, teach her the norms of the community rather than exile her.
>
> Ed Poor

We've been doing exactly what you suggest for about a year now and the only
result has been major user fatigue (not to mention that our tolerance of
Helga is one of the reasons why Michael Tinkler left -- maybe others as
well). But if you wish you can try this yourself (but please don't leave the
project in frustration over this as others have).

Here is a link to her "contributions" (I can't remember the last time she
logged in):

http://www.wikipedia.com/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&target=66.47.62.78&days=30&limit=1000

NOTE: the above is set to bring back the last thousand edits by IP
66.47.62.78 in the last 30 days. You can edit the above URL to track any IP
with any day or edit number values by the way.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)