[Wikipedia-l] Probable public domain material

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sun Aug 25 18:56:49 UTC 2002

Krzysztof P. Jasiutowicz wrote:
> Is this repository suitable for Wikipedia ?
> I mean, copyrights. The note on one of the main pages is rather
> elusive. And there are quite a lot resources worth uploading to
> Wikipedia. Phonemes, drawings, planes, tanks, animals, plants etc etc
>
> http://sunsite.tus.ac.jp/multimed/

Hmm....

   Notice:
   Most of the files / data located here are for *educational* /
   *demonstration* purposes only. Many of these files are 'believed' to
   be in the public domain but it is impossible to check the copyright
   ownership of all these files. Many other files are *copyrighted* and
   placed here under the 'fair use for educational purposes' policy.
   *PLEASE DO NOT* use any of these files for anything other than
   *educational* / *demonstration* uses only. If any one's copyright is
   specifically violated by the placement of any of these files on this
   server - please contact admin at SunSITE.tus.ac.jp.

That's pretty vague. Beware...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)