[Wikipedia-l] Re: Re: note to the militia

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sun Aug 25 03:12:51 UTC 2002

Anthere wrote:
> Hum, just a comment...bug report...
>
> The last 2 mails Maverick sent, had date set on the
> 24th of august 2001. Not 2002.
>
> I checked on the mailing list, and there they were, in
> 2001.
>
> Is it related to Mav or to Wikipédia ?

I suspect Mav is living in the past... :)

> While I am at it, I tried a few days ago to remove
> some articles from my watch list. And it aint working
> properly.
>
> When I select an article page (in bold), the fact I
> watch for it is recognised, and I can stop watching it
> When I select a talk page, it is indicated I don't
> watch for it. hence I can't remove it for talk pages.
> The articles stay in the watch list whatever I do.
> This is true whatever the date of the last update (feb
> 2002, before july and after july)

If you're watching a page, its talk page will automatically show up in
your watchlist (you'll notice it's not in bold, unless you've explicitly
selected to watch it as well).

This is a feature! If you're interested in what happens to an article,
the talk page is something you'll want to keep tabs on as well.

I'm going to have to improve the message that pops up when you add
something to the watch list so it's actually useful and explanitory.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)