[Wikipedia-l] better MOVE documentation?

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Aug 23 04:41:52 UTC 2002

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com wrote:

> Looking over [[Robert J. Flaherty]], I (mis?)remember a lot more being there than what I just wrote.  Maybe I'm confusing that with what was written about him at [[documentary film]].  Zoe expressed similar thoughts about [[The Wizard of Oz]].
>
> I don't know that either page has been moved (or where they would have been moved to) but wondering about it made me realize that the article move is essentially undocumented.
>
> Should we document the moving of a page from one location to another in the article's history?  e.g. create a new line in the history showing the time and user with an autogenerated comment like "article moved from [[IMDb]] to [[Internet Movie Database]]"?
>
> Is it something worth having?  And if so, would it be a fairly simple bit of programming, or would it require a mindbending hack equivalent to the first person's putting a stick through a wheel?

If that wasn't too hard to do it would be a fairly valuable piece of
information to have...

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature that
will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: