[Wikipedia-l] wikipedia.org

Giskart giskart at linux.be
Mon Aug 19 20:11:12 UTC 2002

Kurt Jansson wrote:
> I think it should be
> www.wikipedia.nl
> www.wikipedia.be
> www.wikipedia.pt
> www.wikipedia.eo (uuups)

At the end every wikipedia must dicide on there own(like the germans),
but in general using ccTLD's can create nationalistic problems. Most if
not all wikipedia's are not the wikipedia of a specific nation but from
a language and that can be spread over several country's. Those left out
will not be amused.
And somtimes the ccTLD do not exicest.
Or it is idiotic.

www.wikipedia.be -> =the ccTLD of Belgium and the Belorussian language.
Trust me on this, the do not speak Belorussian in Belgium

The gTDL .org is perfect for Wikipedia i think.

> The longer we wait to get these domains, the more we will have to deal
> with domain grabbers. Which domains besides .com, .org and .de do we
> (Jimmy) already own?

also .info, .net

That these are safe is not bad but to buy every possibel wikipedia.*
seems a waste to me.

giskart