[Wikipedia-l] Backups.

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Sun Aug 18 22:07:56 UTC 2002

> I might have lost some messages, or something. But did anyone
> reply to my question about wikipedia backups?
> Is the wikipedia server being backed up?

The English Wikipedia is currently being backed up every few
days on an irregular schedule (read that as "whenever I think
about it").  I plan to write a cron script to automate that a
bit, but I haven't gotten around to it.  There are copies of
the database on the server itself in San Diego, and a few on my
server in San Antonio, and maybe a few with other people who
have downloaded tarballs.

I know nothing about the non-English sites--those are still
on the old server.