[Wikipedia-l] More on marxists.org

Hr. Daniel Mikkelsen daniel at copyleft.no
Fri Aug 16 21:57:22 UTC 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Michael R. Irwin wrote:

> > I have done a good deal more reading on their site, and I find that
> > virtually none of their material even comes close to NPOV.  It's
> > filled throughout with standard Marxist jargon -- which is very out of
> > the mainstream and treated (properly!) by most economists in the same
> > way that astrology is treated by psychiatrists.
>
> Jimbo, you beg the question by ignoring that most economists
> treat each others views and models (properly in my view) the
> way most scientists treat astrology.  Why should Marxist
> economics dogma be held to a higher standard than Keynesian
> derived models and predictions that do not work well, if at
> all, prior to NPOV'ing for inclusion in Wikipedia?  8)

I agree. Economics is much less a hard science than astrophysics or astronomy.
There are quite a number of serious marxist inclined economists out there.
Include the ones in China, where doctrine is probably fairly strict (whereas in
the west, each one is free to have his own pet theory), and marxist economists
might come out in the marjority! :)

Wikipedia right now is heavily balanced towards christian conservative,
capitalist american views. Bringing in a load of marxist crap would be
refreshing.

-- Daniel