[Wikipedia-l] New "Recent Changes" format

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Aug 16 09:11:06 UTC 2002

Andre Engels wrote:

> > Please go look at
> >
> > http://www.piclab.com/newwiki/wiki.phtml
> >
> > and give me feedback on the way it does "Recent changes".  There's
> > still a bit of work to do on things like user settings for it,
> > doing the same thing to the watchlist, and so on, but the page
> > itself should be done and I'd like to get some reactions.
>
> * The usage of " does not gain anything and would be confusing to those
>   who see it for the first time; better remove it.
>
> * Hiding multiple edits automatically hides minor edits, I don't think that
>   this behaviour is intended

The " makes no sense in listmode, so if you want to keep it then the
tablemode should be the default. The list looked like jumbled gibberish
until I clicked on the table button, when it all sprang into clear
readability.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature that
will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: