[Wikipedia-l] US invasion of Afghanistan

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 05:42:38 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 08:24 pm, brion vibber wrote:
> "Invasion" is better in the title because that's what it ended up as; US
> soldiers entered the country with intent to seize it from the former
> governing body (which was not legally recognized), and many are still
> there today months later. Nothing POV or NPOV a

I agree that "attack" is not inherently POV but... I'm more familiar with the
word "attack" being used to describe the campaign. If this is also true with
a majority of other English speakers then the word "attack" should be used
regardless of the fact that the operation is more appropriately called an
invasion.

> There's already scattered information in [[Afghanistan]], [[Soviet
> Union]], etc. It ought to be collected and improved perhaps...

As I've told Ed before there is a good amount of info on this very subject
amongst the ungodly massive amount of history that we have on Afghanistan
already (which is probably an artifact of importing projects always starting
with "A"). Here is the link;
http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Democratic_Republic_of_Afghanistan

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)