[Wikipedia-l] Collaborative, up-to-the-minute construction of current and ongoing events of historical significance

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Aug 12 21:52:33 UTC 2002

Toby Bartels wrote:

>What do the people on the list think of articles like
>[[Stock market downturn of 2002]] and [[United States invasion of Iraq]]?
>Much previous discussion is at the pages linked from
>[[Talk:Stock market downturn of 2002]] and [[Talk:Main Page]].
>See also the The Cunctator's Aug 11 00:34 PDT change to
>[[Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not]].

Since these issues have not yet played themselves out, I would consider
them pre-historic.  Though the Iraq item is a tad speculative.  The
facts are continuing to evolve, and much of what is written is based on
incomplete information.  But Wikipedian collaboration can overcome that.

I would put these dogs on a long leash, but still watch that they don't
bite.

Eclecticology