[Wikipedia-l] The Fact Factory: a Wikipedia knock-off

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Aug 12 03:20:54 UTC 2002

Fred Bauder wrote:
> Making the ISBN links go to a book store search engine giving you
> comparative prices is very different from Amazon links which usually are

I just learned that Amazon.com has some new web services stuff, that
might be interesting.  You can download their kit, and write your own
applications on your own website.  I haven't checked it out yet, but
the info is on http://www.amazon.com/webservices

I guess they are not placing their reviews under GFDL, though... that
would have been a great service!  Is it OK to put book reviews in
Wikipedia (on an Amazon scale)?  Do we know how many book reviews are
already in Wikipedia?  Or should there be a separate wiki for this?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
  tel +46-70-7891609