[Wikipedia-l] GUI? WYSIWYG?

Stephen Gilbert canuck_in_korea2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 07:53:14 UTC 2002

--- "Michael R. Irwin" <mri_icboise at surfbest.net>
wrote:

<snip>

> I agree we must press on with what we have but it
> makes
> me nervous to hear people claiming the text only
> wiki
> interface is an advantage that should be preserved.

I don't think anyone is claiming that. For my part, I
think that the text interface is very important; that
doesn't mean that a GUI is out of the question. I just
want to be able to do everything with my keyboard. If
others think a GUI would be better for them, I have no
objection, so long as the GUI doesn't render the text
interface obsolete.

Stephen G.