[Wikipedia-l] Transitioning toward a clean wiki syntax.

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu
Mon Aug 12 07:26:08 UTC 2002

Lee (?) wrote:

>The single-equal = Headings = are gone, and have been since the
>Phase III software was installed.  That was entirely a fiat decision
>on my part.  I examined the database to see that they were almost
>never used, and I thought having == through ====== be directly mapped
>to H2 through H6 was nice and simple.  Only the article title gets
>an H1.  I haven't heard a peep about it, so it looks like that
>decision didn't bug anyone.

I didn't realise that it was a change from Phase II
(I didn't notice it until Phase III), but I think that it's just right.
<h1> for the title, so the next is <h2>, and we go from there.
I also notice that starting from <h3> doesn't work right if
numbered heading are set (as I have them set in my preferences).
This justifies me in changing all top level === to == when I see them,
which then enforces a consistent and logical look to the pages.
Great!!!

-- Toby Bartels
   <toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu>