[Wikipedia-l] Non-breaking space

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Aug 11 23:31:05 UTC 2002

Matthew Woodcraft wrote:

> > What's the reason for including a non-breaking space in the Wikipedia
> > article? That's not snideness: it's key to the answer.
>
> I was looking at some of the music articles, where breaking something like A C
> E over two lines looks very bad.
>
> But   does look nasty in the source - do you think it would put
> people off from editing?

I'd suggest just putting a <BR> before the string that you want to keep
together so that it starts out on a fresh line and has plenty of space
to fit itself in together... that's how I'd do it anyway.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

And on the seventh day, God said 'What my world needs is a creature that
will truly appreciate it in all its facets' -
and so He made the kitten.

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: