[Wikipedia-l] Transitioning toward a clean wiki syntax.

Jan Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Sun Aug 11 08:26:21 UTC 2002

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 01:20:33PM -0700, lcrocker at nupedia.com wrote:

> An advantage of using double breackets only is that we'll then
> be able to use single brackets as regular punctuation, which would
> be especially handy in math articles, among others.

Btw, what is also used in math articles is curly brackets ('{') for sets
such as {1, 2, 3} and { f(x) | x in S }. So if you are going to use them for
mark-up (I seem to remember you wanted to use them for styles) I'd prefer
them doubled ( {{...}} ) or tied in with some other symbol( [{..}] ),

-- Jan Hidders