[Wikipedia-l] Parsing TeX

Michael R. Irwin mri_icboise at surfbest.net
Sat Aug 10 19:29:00 UTC 2002

Toby Bartels wrote:

> Jan Hidders wrote:
>

> >Please, Toby, I get the impression you are taking this a bit too personally.
>
> Hum ... no, if you called it "Jim's notation" instead of "Toby's notation",
> I'd still be miffed.

<snip lots of discussion>

> But since you and I are the only people discussing this now,
> and I'm standing in opposition to you, still you should care about that.
> So if you want to put it on my talk page instead, then that's OK by me,
> but I'd still like to hear what the objection to <var> is.

I think this is an important discussion to keep on the list.  I have
not participated with input before because I have not learned enough of
any specific system to have a meaningful opinion.

I am attempting to follow the discussion because advanced math and
diagrams
are critical to many subjects of interest that will ultimately be
covered
by Wikipedia.

regards, mirwin