[Wikipedia-l] Transitioning toward a clean wiki syntax.

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sat Aug 10 19:15:26 UTC 2002

The Cunctator wrote:
> On 8/10/02 2:13 PM, "Brion VIBBER" <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
>>Perhaps you can prove it incorrect; don't do anything, and see whether
>>things go the way you want them to. ;)
>

> Or maybe we can have guidance come from consensus, not fiat.

Guidance and consensus are lovely and good, but nothing gets _done_
until somebody's willing to _do_ it. If the _doer_ doesn't consent to
the consensus, you need to find another one.

Ergo, Lee (as the person most likely to be implementing any changes to
the wiki syntax) is an important factor in any discussion about changing
the wiki syntax.

<sarcasm>Shame on him for making suggestions on the mailing list about
how he'd prefer to do it, to which you and other interested parties may
reply, converse, and attempt to reach a consensus acceptable to
all!</sarcasm>

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)