[Wikipedia-l] Re: EBD and bots

Michael R. Irwin mri_icboise at surfbest.net
Fri Aug 9 23:44:31 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:

> Remember part of what we are doing here is community
> building -- bots don't make for very good community
> members. Humans should be the ones that review, fix
> and expand content before uploading it.

I disagree.  Properly utilized, bots could be very useful
in the exact fashion that Neil is prototyping.  There is
a lot of old information lying around that belongs online
and in an encyclopedia.

The advantage of uploading the bot collected and screened
draft material is that it becomes available to all users
via the simple and known Wikipedia interface for editing.

I agree that humans should review it prior to posting
to the main namespace.

regards, mirwin