[Wikipedia-l] Easton's Bible Dictionary

Andre Engels engels at uni-koblenz.de
Fri Aug 9 14:27:34 UTC 2002

> Another question: at what point do we decide that we don't need this, because
> it's not important to the article in question.
>
> We *have* a good article on [[olive]]s, for example: is there any good
> reason to
> toss in the bible concordance at the bottom?

In my opinion, in such a case the EBD entry should be scanned for interesting
information that is not in the article yet, and this should be edited in
(either the information or the text). After that the EBD text can be removed.
I have done this with [[Phoenicia]], although I have not thrown away the EBD
text YET as there might be people who are of the opinion that there is more
from it that should be added (*).

Andre Engels

(*) Basically, I only used the following facts from the EBD article, throwing
the rest of a full-page article away:
- Sometimes the Phoenicians are called 'Sidonians' rather than 'Canaanites'
  in the Bible
- Phoenicia had important trade with Asia as well, being the middle man
  between Mesopotamia and Egypt
- King Hiram II of Tyrus cooperated with Salomon in the building of his
  temple.