[Wikipedia-l] Meta-Tree

Michael R. Irwin mri_icboise at surfbest.net
Fri Aug 9 06:51:43 UTC 2002

Ray Saintonge wrote:

> Any ideas on how we can gauge the acceptability of a rule, especially a
> naming convention?

Perhaps if site statistics are available votes could be tallied and
normalized against the number of repeat logged in editors in the last
90 days.  A percentage count of supporters amongst regulars along
with the comments might provide some insight.

For example:  If we have 30 regulars in the quorum call period and
10 have registered positive votes and 6 negative ones.
We have 30% registered votes for and 20% against.

The percentages could be recalculated once a day or when a vote
is registered.

The rules could be sorted based on the ratio of for/against so the
listing portrays the level of community consensus, strongest custom
at the top to the weakest at the bottom.

Linking to the discussion pages enables an ongoing poll as long
as only logged in users can vote.

regards, mirwin