[Wikipedia-l] Re: MetaTree

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Aug 8 22:40:21 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>I'm still baffled. Your original idea appeared to me
>as an attempt to replace naming conventions and
>WikiProjects and somehow combine the two (which I
>still totally oppose).

The reasoning was fairly simple: Wikiprojects are organized in a
hierarchy. Naming conventions are increasingly hierarchic too.
When I create a page, I seek information about how to name it and how to
present it. It's stupid having to career halfway across the Wikipedia to
find those two pieces of information.

As to where the structure lives and what to call it -- minor points.