[Wikipedia-l] Edit Wars

Michael R. Irwin mri_icboise at surfbest.net
Thu Aug 8 21:31:05 UTC 2002

Stephen Gilbert wrote:

> Michael,
>
> You're certainly welcome to your opinion. You should
> take notice, however, that even though you stood up
> for some of 24's ideas, participated in his various
> meta pages, argued that he was not a troll (which
> prompted Larry to label *you* a troll), offered to
> work with him in order to shake up the Wikipedia
> status quo, and erased an entire article in order to
> start from scratch, no one even *suggested* that you
> should be banned. Nor is anyone suggesting it now as
> you reiterate your position.

Thank you.  I understand.

> I don't want to fan the flames again. I do want to say
> that you're welcome to participate in this project and
> hold any view you like. Just aim for the NPOV when
> writing articles. And hey, if you're worried about the
> Amazon articles, click the link and jump in with both
> hands on your keyboard. ;-)

8)  You apparently forget my lack of expertise on the
Amazon Basin and related political activism issues,
means, and methods.   I was hoping to leverage of off
others knowledge in this area, not even contemplating
years of fun researching it personally.  Merely some idle
browsing occasionally and the ability to brag about the
completeness of our knowledge base to potential users,
editors and fellow Wikipedians alike.  8)

regards,
mirwin