[Wikipedia-l] Easton's Bible Dictionary

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Wed Aug 7 15:25:34 UTC 2002

To me, a major part of the problem is that the material is so out of date. It
fails to take into account the past hundred years of archeological research,
which is essential. Furthermore, the statistics it gives about places are
hopelessly outdated. For example, Anatoth, currently 'Anata, is a fair sized
town today, not a hamlet with about 100 people. I don't know how they will
deal with places like Dan, Gezer, Megiddo, Hazor, etc. but they have been
major excavation sites this century, so most of what we know about them
(apart from conjecture) could not possibly appear in a nineteenth century
work.

Danny