[Wikipedia-l] blocked an IP

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Wed Aug 7 15:07:51 UTC 2002

just wanted to give you all a heads up:  if you check out [[Special:Ipblocklist]] you'll see I just blocked somebody:

* 07:42 Aug 7, 2002, Koyaanis Qatsi blocked 213.253.39.188 (contribs) (unblock) (scripting in about 24 Easton's Bible Dictionary entries per minute--wikified, which I appreciate, but otherwise untouched, that is, heavily biased.)

I email this because I'm about to go pick up equipment for a shoot I'm going to in L.A.  I'll be out most of today and I'm leaving Friday morning and will be gone until early Sunday a week later.  I'm not dodging the debate that will undoubtedly come up.

If you're curious, I consider [[Anger]] a prime example of the bias inherent in the dictionary, and think also that many of them are no longer historically accurate.  At the rate of 24 a minute, the cleanup (if left unchecked) would IMO be quite an undertaking.  Feel free to unblock if I've acted unfairly or in haste.  I probably won't be around to discuss it until much later tonight.

cheers,

kq