[Wikipedia-l] Edit Wars

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Wed Aug 7 10:56:37 UTC 2002

I posted about this earlier: 24 was banned by Jimbo Wales because he stated that Larry Sanger was not a human, and also made some kind of comment that would be hard to take for anything other than a threat.  Forgive me if I don't remember the exact wording.  He's been banned since, and I for one think that that is as it should be.

kq

mirwin wrote:
>Interesting.  I was unaware that 24 was banned.  How was this decided?
>
>Was there a decision made to not ban me (mirwin)?  I was attacked
>for merely stating my personal opinion that I did not consider "24"
>a troll.
>
>I was called a nutcase because I concluded that the software engineering
>article was biased and erased the heavily biased content to start the
>article over.  Lee, I, and others eventually reached an acceptable
>compromise
>on the material but I did not consider it helpful being called a nutcase
>to begin the negotiations/discussion on how to properly restructure
>the article.

etc.