[Wikipedia-l] What a wiki table syntax needs to do to work withcurrent table layouts

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sun Aug 4 20:09:51 UTC 2002

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> One thing I never liked about HTML tables is that I have to mark both
> the beginning and the end of each cell, row, and table.

Actually, that's not true in HTML; the <table> tag is the only one that
has to be closed. A lot of people close the others out of habit (I think
some old version of Netscape broke on _nested_ tables if you didn't
close your rows and cells as well), but it's not necessary.

(XHTML, however, being XML would require you to close cells and rows as
well.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)