[Wikipedia-l] What a wiki table syntax needs to do to work withcurrent table layouts

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Sun Aug 4 10:52:22 UTC 2002

>Another thing I already find quite upsetting is the tendency to use right
>aligned "floating" tables. What is the use of this? It disociates the table
>from the page, making it much more difficult for an alternate rendering agent
>to determine where to put it (when to read it out aloud, for instance).
>
>Okay, I notice I'm getting myself worked up here, so I'll stop. But please,
>can't you all see that this is the road to disaster?

I second the comment on right-aligned tables.
They force content that flows to the left of the table to be far too
narrow to read -- unless one widens the entire window, and then the
full-width content is too wide to read comfortably.

Tables should be within the flow as a block in their own right, likewise
images.

I'm tempted to add "powerpoint slide" to the "what wikipedia is not"
page ... :-)