[Wikipedia-l] Banning 24

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Sun Apr 14 17:11:35 UTC 2002

For the following writings, I am considering to ban 24 for 48 hours,
starting Monday afternoon and going until Wednesday afternoon.  This
will be a warning, to be followed by our first-ever permanent ban if
he doesn't behave.

Disagreements on meta.wikipedia.com, and about the content of
articles, if restrained to the appropriate /talk page and appropriate
normal struggle over the text of an article, are annoying but part of
the process.  Personal attacks, though, have no place in our
community, particularly personal attacks which hint strongly at
*physical* attacks.

>Larry deserves the most profound and abusive forms of maltreatment
>imaginable, and not just here online, where he seems to live, but on
>the street.  He is one of those "Stupid White Men" who thinks he can
>ignore the world to death, profiting from its demise.

Also, to Chuck Smith,
>I don't consider you a person,

I base this decision in part on my research which leads me to believe
that 24 is Craig Hubley, whose writings you may see here:

http://poetpiet.tripod.com/2001/CraigHubley2.htm
http://poetpiet.tripod.com/2001/CraigHubley_greenethic_prntvrsn.htm
http://poetpiet.tripod.com/2001/six-styles-of-capital.htm

I am open to alternative points of view, which is why I'm not taking the
banning action right now, but instead waiting until more than 24 hours from
now.

--Jimbo