[Wikipedia-l] list of 24's "contributions" already on the 'pedia + some reflections....

Daniel Lee Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 02:56:18 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 01:49 am, Jimbo wrote:
> kband at www.llamacom.com wrote:
> > Are there other entries? Or is the hooplah mostly about his meta-rants?
>
> I'd like to second the call for lists of entries on the main site that he's
> screwed up.  It'd help if we were all "on the same page" in terms of
> knowing what he's doing.
>
> His meta-rants are annoying and strange, but can easily be ignored if
> absolutely necessary.
>
> > I don't see that much evidence that he's trying to violate the mission
> > of Wikipedia, or even subvert it to his own kooky ends. He seems to
> > respect the mission, and thinks that people don't have the right
> > understanding of what NPOV means.
>
> Well, he's so incoherent that it's sort of hard to say...
>
> --Jimbo

Somebody has something at [[wikipedia utilities/Pages needing attention]] --
you can also check out 24's list of contribs which is accessed through
his/her user page at [[user:24.150.61.63]]. I have no idea why the
contributions link works since Ed Poor created the page -- not 24 by a login.
Also, I don't know if the contribs link is accurate or up to date (does this
work for any IP?).

Most of what he/she contributes is discoherent -- although some is actually
mildly interesting after you cut out the fat. I gave up on trying to keep up
with edits to this person's material because there is just so much of it.
Others seem to jump in quite often though -- God bless them.

Much of the most recent stuff really isn't THAT non-NPOV -- although it
takes an entire article of words for this person to say, maybe, a couple of
sentences of information (much of the leftover stuff is even not as non-NPOV
as what Ed Poor or the Cruncrator contributes....). It is a bear to wade
through this stuff. Apparently this person is beginning to understand that
NPOVing his/her stuff at least a little helps prevent a quick REVERT or
removal of text to a talk page. As I stated before, this person doesn't seem
to engage in edit wars -- which I still think is strange (given all the other
things this person has done).

Perhaps the power of the wiki is beggining to take its effect -- we can only
hope. WojPob is right; this issue is taking up WAY too much of our human
resources --- It's still a good idea for Jimbo to proceed with trying to
contact this person and see what he/she is about. And for all of us to keep a
watchful eye to make sure 24 has been tamed a bit. If this person is on a
similiar non-NPOV level as Ed or Crunc I can live with that. (talking about
level of severity, not ideology)

Although, the current lull in 24's submits may just be causing me to
automatically (once again) give this person the benefit of the doubt when
this person really doesn't deserve it.   I guess we will see when he/she
starts to massively submit again.

maveric149