[Wikipedia-l] 24 response to kband

Daniel Lee Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 02:04:00 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 01:49 am,  kband at www.llamacom.com wrote:

> maveric wrote:
> > "you are quite welcome to have a "party" or "clique" discussion on what
> > your mailing list clique wishes to do about the Governance of this
> > project.  I will proceed as I am until someone writes a [[m:Status quo]]
> > that identifies some action of mine as a problem, or until someone else
> > achieves consensus on a means of [[m:Governance]] on the project now that
> > Larry is gone. -24" (I of course had to sign 24's comment for him/her --
> > still doesn't get that convention either...)
>> > If I read this right, then this person is purposely trying to force us
> > into joining his "wikipedia governance" project! And if we don't, 24 will
> > continue > doing the same darn things in the same way as he/she is
> > already doing them.
> > I don't know about ya'all, but I don't like being coerced.
>
> Aren't you trying to coerce him into joining the mailing list? He doesn't
> have any power to coerce you, so I don't know what you're worrying about.
> He's harmless.

Please read what people have said before you jump in with abrasive comments
directed at another person on the mailing list -- this isn't Slashdot.

With that said....

All I stated was that I mentioned there was a mailing list (on two occasions)
and on one occasion I invited him/her to join the list.

I disagree with your other statement; He does seem to think that he has the
power to coerce us into joining his "governance" project by willfully not
abiding by our standards and policies.

maveric149